VisitBritain is the National Tourism Agency of UK, a non-departmental public body funded by the Department for Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS), and it plays a unique role in building England’s tourism product, raising Britain’s profile worldwide, increasing the volume and value of tourism exports and developing England and Britain’s visitor economy.
Working with a wide range of partners in both the UK and overseas, its mission is to grow the volume and value of inbound tourism across the nations and regions of Britain and to develop world-class English tourism product to support the country’s growth aspirations.
- Analysis of the impact in the UK’s Tourism industry of the recent developments related to the decision of the country of abandon the European Union (“Brexit”). Tourism is currently the 7th largest export industry in UK, £126.9 billion worth to Britain’s economy.
- Impact of the variation of the GBP currency exchange rates against main foreign currencies.
- Analysis in short term – aftermath of the referendum, and expectations of the evolution in the mid-term.
- Coverage of the evolution of the bookings 4 weeks prior and after the referendum.
- Review of the Forward bookings in the 3 months following the referendum (Arrivals on the Book).
- Comparative analysis with the historic values (Travel and Booking History) for the same period of the previous years.
Richard Nicholls, Head of Research and Forecasting
“ForwardKeys’ data is used widely within VisitBritain. It provides us with a timely and valuable picture of Britain’s inbound tourism performance and prospects, including insights on some of our key markets and regions.”