Product Team – IT
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who will take responsibility for our complete infrastructure and guarantee the performance of our data and systems for internal and external customers. This includes web servers, API servers and R&D hardware that provide “Big Data” services to our customers around the world. You will be the link between our development team and customers, to ensure that we provide services at our best. Current infrastructure includes both on-premise and cloud (AWS) computing.
In this position you will be able to work independently, to take ownership of your own projects, to develop your own ideas and to see the results of your work. At the same time, you will be working closely with both the IT and Product (data science) teams.
- Manage and monitor the company infrastructure, identify weaknesses and implement changes.
- Manage company hardware (platform), including both production platform (external) and internal (test, R&D platform).
- Contribute to defining our future hardware needs and lead its deployment. Team up with the development team to make the right choices.
- Automate developments and manual tasks using scripting. Put in place processes for failure situations – rollback and back-out plans.
- Adopt and implement best practices and champion an engineering culture emphasizing Agile and DevOps.
- Take responsibility for customer facing quality of service. Put in place detailed processes to guaranty professional grade performance. Share responsibility for data quality. Enforce processes to avoid quality issues. Run data consistency checks. Regenerate databases when needed. Guarantee internal and external platform maximum availability and quality.
- Audit the company’s systems to maintain high-grade security levels.
- Help the company to remain at the top. Help the development team to make the right technology choices.
- Provide technical support to internal customers.
- At least 4 years in a similar position.
- Experience scaling systems (any system or subsystem – networking, applications, load balancers).
- Experience in infrastructure management: maintain and manage the infrastructure required for CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience working with:
- Network configuration, Firewall setup, DNS.
- Tomcat, Nginx, Jenkins, Jira, MySQL, Shell Scripts, Ansible.
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes, or similar
- Virtualization: oVirt, kVM, VMWare, etc.
- Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows, Mac OS
- Single-sign-on: LDAP, Active Directory, or alternatives.
- Proven ability to successfully interface with internal and external customers.
- Have intellectual curiosity, be a self-starter who looks for continuous improvement, be execution-oriented, and be a driver of change.
- Be able to interface competently with other technical team members and stakeholders.
- We are looking for a team player, who has the capacity to adapt, who is a quick learned and who takes initiative.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Git
- Experience with AWS, EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, Hadoop, RedShift, MongoDB
- Knowledge of security, ISO 27001, GDPR, data replication, Min.io
- Knowledge of monitoring: PRTG, Monit, etc.
- International experience
ForwardKeys is an innovative travel analytics company. The company was established in 2010 when the founders realised that the air reservation data used by airlines could serve every industry with an interest in global travellers. Since then, we have built an online platform on which our clients monitor and qualify traveller flows, map global demand and forecast travel trends. We are now 50 people strong and growing: always looking for new datasets to develop new products helping our clients understand the travel landscape.
Working at ForwardKeys is fun, international, challenging and flexible. Fun is having lunch together (every day), going for after-work drinks or our regular company party. International because our employees come (and work) from all around the world, just like our clients. Challenging is making the step from a start-up to bigger company and everything that includes: from product development to selling them. Flexible means we understand that doing your job well is more important than being in the office every day from 9 to 5.
Based close to the city centre of Valencia, we have got new offices with a view looking directly at the City of Arts and Sciences. In other words: this is a fantastic opportunity to spend some years on the sunny Mediterranean coast.
Do you believe you fit our company culture and have what it takes to join ForwardKeys? Please apply via:
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the job you apply for in the subject line),
- or apply via this webpage.
- A full-time position with a contract for an indefinite period.
- A bonus on company performance.
- English classes, fruits and good coffee.
- The opportunity to grow with the company.
- Flexible working hours because we understand that it’s more important you do your job well than that you are in the office every day from 9 to 5.