Product Owner for Destination Marketing Organisations (DMOs)
ForwardKeys empowers businesses around the world by providing access to a near real-time picture of who is travelling where and when, viewing the traveller at each stage of their journey. This information is then complemented with additional datasets to help companies make science-led business decisions.
That is why it is pivotal for ForwardKeys to develop the right products per business vertical in the travel ecosystem, such as for destination marketing organisations, brands, retailers, airports, and hotels.
Over the past 18 months, ForwardKeys has developed and released a prototype of a new product designed specifically for the needs of DMOs called “Destination Gateway”. We are now looking for an experienced Product Owner to move this product strategy to the next level.
- Drive our product strategy for our DMO clients, from its definition to its execution and future evolution.
- Propose and guide in the evaluation of the product or developments that are a priority for DMOs.
- Ensure that the product strategy for our DMO clients is aligned with our overall business strategy and the needs of our clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to develop, lead, and execute the roadmap of the product, in a fast-changing and challenging environment.
- Work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, including software developers, UX designers, data engineers, market analysts and marketing team to implement the product and manage its lifecycle.
- Work in an Agile environment and continuously review the business needs, refine priorities, outline milestones and deliverables, while identifying opportunities and risks.
- Collaborate with our Sales & Marketing department to define and execute the go-to-market strategy, branding, and positioning.
- As part of the product Scrum Team, ownership of the backlog and ability to maximize its value.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a DMO/Tourism Board or have experience working closely with them.
- Proven track record of using or delivering data-driven solutions.
- Experience successfully driving end-to-end delivery of data and business intelligence solutions.
- Comfort using a wide variety of technical mechanisms, such as dashboards, APIs, real time alerts, etc.
- Experience in guiding a holistic approach to coordinating the different stages of the product´s life cycle from start to finish.
- Experience in Product Management and/or Product Development.
- Agile methodologies (Scrum if possible) would be highly appreciated.
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen. Customer-first mindset.
- High degree of organisation, initiative, and personal accountability.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability, on one hand, to influence and inspire stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment, and on the other hand, to engage a development team and foster the best work environment to get the product delivered following our quality standards.
- Being familiar with the set of tools currently in the management of the Destination Gateway product would be a bonus, notably Jira.
- Fluent in English; Spanish would be a plus!
- A full-time position with a contract for an indefinite period.
- The opportunity to grow within the company.
- Flexible working hours because we understand that it’s more important you do your job well than being in the office Monday -Friday from 9am to 5pm.
ForwardKeys is an innovative travel analytics company. The company was established in 2010 when the founders realised that the air reservation data used by airlines could serve every industry with an interest in global travellers. Since then, we have built an online platform on which our clients monitor and qualify traveller flows, map global demand and forecast travel trends. We are now 50 people strong and growing: always looking for new datasets to develop new products helping our clients understand the travel landscape.
Working at ForwardKeys is fun, international, challenging, and flexible. Fun due to the variety of social events we host, including ForwardBreakfast, VirtualDonuts and ForwardBeers. International because our employees, just like our clients, come from all around the world, such as China, Ireland, Australia, Italy, France, South Africa, Tahiti and more. Challenging is making the step from a humble start-up to being the world’s leading travel analytics company.
Do you believe you fit our company culture and have what it takes to join ForwardKeys? Please send an email to email@example.com (mentioning the job you apply for in the subject line) or apply by filling the form.