To keep up with the company’s growth ForwardKeys is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer in Valencia to support and grow our IT team and infrastructure. We’re looking for a team player who embraces our company’s vision, who brings in and tries out new ideas while striving for profitability and achieving practical goals.
About the position
In this position you will work side by side with the SCRUM team and with the rest of the quality department. Your primary tasks will be to review acceptance criteria before grooming sessions, to test suite definitions, test suite execution, testing and automating regression, functional testing, performance testing and integration testing. As we’re a data analysis company there’s of course the daily data quality control.
In this position, you will both work on your own projects as well as with other IT team members, or colleagues from the Sales, Marketing and Data Analysis teams. It’s important to be hands-on and to be willing to take ownership and responsibility.
About the company
ForwardKeys is an innovative travel analytics company. Founded in 2010 in Valencia, Spain, the co-founders realised that the air reservation data used by airlines could serve every industry with an interest in global travellers. Since then, we’ve built a platform in which clients can monitor and qualify traveller flows, map global demand, and forecast travel trends. We provide live, tactical information and exclusive insights to tourism boards, hotel chains, retailers, airports, duty-free operators, tax refund companies, car rentals, and more industries that are related to the traveller industry.
The company is steadily growing and innovative. We constantly look for new data sources to add to our platform to be able to paint an even better picture of traveller flows and preferences. The atmosphere in the company is informal and amicable. Colleagues come from all over the world, among which the Netherlands, Italy and China.
Our offices are close to the centre of Valencia (from the window we see the Ciudad de las Artes y Ciencias), in other words: this is a fantastic opportunity to spend some years on the sunny Mediterranean Coast.
- Knowledge of working agile: understand the priorities and the sprint goals of the team.
- Knowledge of: Selenium, Git, Linux, SQL,
- Postman, Newman, SoapUI, Swagger, Json, Jenkins,
- Sonar, and static testing.
- A high level of English.
- Being a proactive team player, a good communicator and having an eye for detail.
Nice to have knowledge of
- Notions of Spark, HDFS, Dockers,
- jMeter, Taurus,
- Cucumber, RobotFramework, RestAssured,
- AngularJS, and Protractor.
- Quality management, Quality Gates.
- Security testing.
- Knowledge of reporting tools (JIRA, Confluence, Excel).
- Understanding of the travel industry.
- Being part of a fun, successful yet stable, young and exciting company.
- Nice and dynamic working environment, flexible working hours and English classes.
- Creating something that is directly used by customers and seeing immediate returns.