We are looking for a Java back-end developer with at least 5 years of relevant experience, to come and reinforce our back-end development team. You will be dealing with Microservices, Dockers, Big Data, AWS, etc. providing appropriate services to the front-end development team as well as the data science group.
- Knowledge of Java 8+.
- At least 5 years in a similar Java back-end development position.
- Knowledge of microservices, Dockers, YAML, SWAGGER, REST, Json
- Proven ability to successfully interface with internal and external customers, and to have a sense of customer service.
- Have intellectual curiosity, be a self-starter, and being able to embrace continuous improvement, as well as being a driver of change.
- Ability to interface competently with other technical team members and stakeholders.
- Attention to details and quality in high-pressure situations
- Being able to work in teams, have the capability to adapt, be a quick learner and have a sense of initiative.
Nice to have
- Docker, Kubernetes.
- Agile (Scrum), CD/CI: Jenkins, Jira, BitBucket, Git.
- Linux administration knowledge.
- Python, MySQL, R.
- Spark, HDFS, Hadoop, Parquet, ORC, Scala, etc.
- AWS, EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, RedShift, MongoDB, Kylin, Druid, etc.
- OAUTH, Light4j, Spring.
- International experience.
- A full-time position with a contract for an indefinite period.
- A bonus on company performance.
- English classes, fruits and good coffee.
- The opportunity to grow with the company.
- Flexible working hours because we understand that it’s more important you do your job well than that you are in the office every day from 9 to 5.
ForwardKeys is an innovative travel analytics company. The company was established in 2010 when the founders realised that the air reservation data used by airlines could serve every industry with an interest in global travellers. Since then, we have built an online platform on which our clients monitor and qualify traveller flows, map global demand and forecast travel trends. We are now 50 people strong and growing: always looking for new datasets to develop new products helping our clients understand the travel landscape.
Working at ForwardKeys is fun, international, challenging and flexible. Fun is having lunch together (every day), going for after-work drinks or our regular company party. International because our employees come (and work) from all around the world, just like our clients. Challenging is making the step from a start-up to bigger company and everything that includes: from product development to selling them. Flexible means we understand that doing your job well is more important than being in the office every day from 9 to 5.
Based close to the city centre of Valencia, we have got new offices with a view looking directly at the City of Arts and Sciences. In other words: this is a fantastic opportunity to spend some years on the sunny Mediterranean coast.
Do you believe you fit our company culture and have what it takes to join ForwardKeys? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (mentioning the job you apply for in the subject line) or apply via our webpage https://forwardkeys.com/jobs.